Machine learning 101 for Cyber Security
26th February 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM IST
Machine learning is an application of artificial intelligence (AI) that provides systems the ability to automatically learn and improve from experience without being explicitly programmed. Machine learning focuses on the development of computer programs that can access data and use it learn for themselves.
The process of learning begins with observations or data, such as examples, direct experience, or instruction, in order to look for patterns in data and make better decisions in the future based on the examples that we provide. The primary aim is to allow the computers learn automatically without human intervention or assistance and adjust actions accordingly.
Table of Content
Phase – I: Theory
- Brief history of Machine Learning
- Type of Algorithms
- Data visualisation hands on with Matplotlib
- Data Aggregation, manipulation, and cleaning hands on problem solving with Pandas
- Hands on Mathematical operations on data with Numpy
- Theoretical understanding of Classification, Regression, and Clustering
Phase – II: Hands-on
- Deal with imperfect real-world dataset
- Validate a machine learning result using test data
- Evaluate a machine learning result using quantitative metrics
- Create, select, and transform features compare the performance of machine
- learning algorithms
- Tune machine learning algorithm for maximum performance
- Communicate your machine learning results clearly
Phase – III: Case Study
- Case Study 1: Network traffic classification using ML
- Case Study 2: Malicious URL detection using ML
- Case Study 3: Detecting password strength using ML based Web Firewall
Basics of Python programming
What to bring
- A laptop with administrative privileges
- Minimum of 30GB of free hark disk space
- Minimum 8GB RAM
- Laptop should have ethernet and wifi capability
- Virtualbox installed
Trainer : 1 - Gaurav Gandhi is hard core programmer with 10 years of experience in Software industry. He currently hold Co-Founder & CTO position at Praemineo, Inc., an Artificial Intelligence company. He is responsible to research & development of tools and pipelines for products around Artificial Intelligence.
He has spend last 3 years researching and building applications around Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Computer Vision for various clients all over the worlds in domains as varied as GIS, Financial Tech, HR & Staffing, Edtech etc.
Trainer : 2 - Tamaghna Basu, the co-founder/CTO of neoEYED Inc. is on the mission to www.killthepassword.com to build a safer world with stronger, yet very convenient authentication mechanism for companies and end-users. He is a hacker, speaker, trainer and a developer too. He has more than 14 years of experience in cyber-security domain and worked in large enterprises like PwC, Paypal, Walmart etc. to help them secure their products. His main areas of research include application security and network pen‐testing, incident handling and cyber forensic. Being a software developer earlier, he worked in python, java, .net, ruby etc. and various domains like finance, insurance, gaming etc. He is a frequent speaker/trainer in various conferences like NULLCON, C0C0N, OWASP, ISACA etc. and member of NULL, DSCI and other communities. He also contributed to security magazines like Clubhack and ISACA journal. He has accomplished various other certifications like Cyber Crime Investigation, Diploma in Cyber Law, OSCP, GCIH etc.
Trainer : 3 - Chinmay Bag, Sr. Software Engineer at Praemineo, Inc. Praemineo, Inc. is a boutique software startup focused on Machine Learning and Full Stack Development. Highly resourceful Full Stack Engineer with passion for finding elegant solutions to complex Software Engineering problems with emphasis on efficient and readable code. 4+ years of experience in Software Industry in domains eg. Fintech, HRtech etc. He is a Maths Ninja and Machine Learning Enthusiast always tinkering around latest trends in ML. Interested in working on collaborative projects.
*Note: Registration details will be shared with Trainers and Sponsors
The registration is closed. However, all the events and workshops are on first come first serve basis. Please reach the venue early to grab your spot.